Sunday 10 June 2012

BIG K.R.I.T. - LIVE FROM THE UNDERGROUND

BIG K.R.I.T.
LIVE FROM THE UNDERGROUND
2012

Finally, K.R.I.T.'s retail album iz here!!
1. LFU300MA (intro)
What more can you ask from an intro.
Real talk and a sick instrumental. 5/5
2. Live From The Underground
Classic Krit, though it sounds very much
like the beginning of Lions & Lambs and that
song is just far superior. A shame. 4/5
3. Cool 3 Be Southern
Not bad, not great, just good. 4/5
4. I Got This
I can dig it though it's not typical Krit...
The verses are dope, the hook not so sure. 4/5
5. Money On The Floor ft. 2 Chainz, 8Ball & MJG
Can't go wrong with Ball & G. I preferred 2 Chainz
when he was Tity Boi, but anyway, this track is
bumpin front to back. Sick shit. 5/5
6. What U Mean ft. Ludacris
Fuckin hell this track is straight murder.
Smilin from ear to ear while going beserk,
that's what it's about. Yeeeea! 5/5
7. My Sub pt. 2 ft. The jackin'
The first one is of course better, but still this
track is bumpin nonetheless. 4.5/5 
8. Don't Let Me Down
Now we're talking. Classic Krit at work though
the hook is not that appealing...who cares. 4.5/5
9. Porchlight ft. Anthony Hamilton
One of my favourites. If you're gonna have the hook
sung, you just gotta get Anthony Hamilton.
Perfect combination and a standout track. 5/5
10. Pull Up ft. Big Sant & Bun B
Dirty south swag at it's finest! 5/5
11. Yeah Dats me
Disappointed. I mean...it's not that bad but
it's just too much at times. 2/5
12. Hydroplanning ft. Devin The Dude
I get it, but it's too slow and gets tedious fast. 3/5
13. If I Fall ft. Melanie Fiona
Nice track yo, damn! Lovin the drums. 5/5
14. Rich Dad, Poor Dad
Talk about meaningful shit. Don't look for the beat
to drop and just listen and marvel. 5/5
15. Praying Man ft. BB King
Nice feature and another solid track that fits Krit's ouvre, 
but he's made similar and better before. 3.5/5
16. Live From The Underground (Reprise)
Same title but so different and so much better. 4.5/5


I kinda saw this coming. Way too good on his mixtapes
and thus the retail album falls a little short. That might be
slightly the case but still, looking at this for what it is
and disregarding the tapes, this album is great.
This is what southern rap should be. Bringing back
that good 'ol classic Goodie Mob, Dirty, Outkast etc. vibe.
If Krit made an album with all the dopest cuts of his tapes
and this album, it would be the best southern album of the
last ten years. Krit just too good and there's nothing above 
excellence, so it's easy too complain. In any regards,
Big K.R.I.T delivered and is simply the best doing it now! 
Overall Score: 9/10



No comments:

Post a Comment