Wednesday 28 December 2011

TOP 20 DIRTY SOUTH RAP SONGS OF 2011


Pretty darn good year for the Dirty South in my opinion. 
Saw the return from Gangsta Blac for one, and Tech N9ne 
(whom we'll classify as Dirty South and not Midwest Rap) 
dropped two amazing albums. Too much to choose just a 20 top
but i managed though a lot of favourites had to be left out. 
Needless to say these tracks chosen, like with the East Coast's finest, 
are all pretty close together. It was a good year!
Seriously, this top 20 is jus crack, you could easily 
swap 'em around except for the top spot. 
Audio coming soon...

1. Tech N9Ne - Worldwide Choppers
Best track of 2011 hands down, nothing could top
this the minute it heard it. What a line-up and what a 
delivery from everyone. Top that off with a beat that
could'nt be more perfect, a hook that's just ridiculously
engaging and this track got immortal status!

2. Fiend - Wish I Could Fly
Call me biased because Fiend is my favourite rapper
(which doesn't mean i love everything he does), but 
this song is front to back so damn awesome. 
It takes me back to when i first fell in love with 
"Waiting On God", my favourite rap song of all time. 
The production and melody with Fiend's smooth 
voice and delivery is nothing but greatness. 
May not be the best track overall to most people, 
but I had to give it this spot. Well due.

3. T-Rock - Real Life Story
I swear, i totally overlooked this track and when out 
of the blue it came up again, i had to mention it. Fuck it,
top three cuts even. T-Rock at his finest and the beat
is just sick with a swag to keep you boppin all the 
way through. And the lyrics go deep no doubt.

4. Pill - Don't Let Me Go
Personally i think Pill is the dark horse out of MMG.
Not praising the shit out of him, but dude needs more
respect. This track is sick point blank. Crazy beat 
(musically one of the finest this year) with a fly ass hook
and Pill who really shines and makes it all his own.

5. I-20 - Blood & Tears
This is from I-20's 2012 release "Celebrity Rehab",
but i love this one so much, i had to mention it this
year since they dropped it back in November. 
The topic is dope and DJ Pain 1's production is perfect 
and i love the drums. Song of the week since it dropped.

6. Ace Hood - Letter To My Exes
Ace is by no means a favourite of mine, but he surprised
me with his latest album and this cut is just fantastic. 

7. Yelawolf - Made In The USA
Despite the radio-friendliness and poppy beat, this track
still pulls me in. We'll call it a guilty pleasure. Not a
typical Yela track at all, but again...i'm oddly lovin it.

8. Young Jeezy - .38
Favourite track off TM:103 and this one has such a nasty
punch you gotta love it. Full blast, kill yo speakers and
piss off the neighbours, don't matter. 
Bump this lil mofo to the fullest and you know what's up!

9. Nappy Roots - Give Me A Sign
I just had to add this one to the list. Nappy Roots is a
must for every true Dirty South fan and though this is
a "softer uptempo" type track, i love the vibe. Add all
the different raps from the group and it's magic.

10. Trae - Strapped Up
Man, Drumma Boy did this one. I take my hat off to him
for this beat. Trae's style just adds that extra oomph 
and even Pyrexx did more than his thing. Sick song.

11. Maybach Music Group - By Any Means
The hook alone made this a must add. All verses are
on point and the beat just knocks the fuck outta e'ything.

12. Tech N9ne - Sad Circus
There were so many dope Tech songs this year 
so really this spot is for all of 'em. I picked Sad Circus 
because it is so different. And Brotha Lynch steals
the show. Welcome To Strangeland mu'fuckers!

13. Fiend - Take A Pull
Another joint from  the Cool Is In Session mixtape 
because it still got me hooked. Lovin the beat and
Fiend's verse and flow put a smile on my face. 
And you'll hum that hook for days...

14. Young Jeezy - Everythang
I shoulda picked "O.J." here, but the hook off this joint
made me change it. Man I love it.

15. SNO - Poor White Trash
Surprisingly dope cd by Wyte and those other two dudes, 
who on their own aint really shit. This track
summed it all up. Awesome hook and a killer beat.

16. Big K.R.I.T. - American Rapstar
By far the best mixtape this year! I absolutely loved it
and Lions And lambs & Dreamin are so damn good, 
as are so many other joints of this album.But i had 
to go for the track that made me love KRIT to begin with.
Just plain awesome and knowing dude produced all
his songs on top? My second-coming Fiend.

17. T-Rock - My Gangsta
Even if this was an instrumental, it'd be up here.
But T-Rock's flow on this is bananas. Dude is so
underrated it's not funny. Classic g-shit.

18. Ace Hood - Hustle Hard
A track that dope, even Lil Wayne shines on it. 

19. Gucci Mane - Me & Money
Another sick Drumma Boy beat. Gucci Mane aint much
but he goes off on this one, mos def. Love the hook.

20. Gangsta Blac - Click Is Thick / 7 Days
I had to add Gangsta Blac on here because, 
for one, this track is classic m-town shit. 
The beat is just bananas! And GB still got it. 
Best use of the sample I've heard in years aswell.
"Gangsta Gangsta" "Head Nod" or "7 Days" would've 
been an easy pick for this spot aswell. 
Salute yo.


No comments:

Post a Comment